Progress in Power, circa 1967

By Lindsay Hydro-Electric Commission

In 1900, the the Light, Heat and Power Company of Lindsay built a power station on the south side of Fenelon Falls to bring the utility to Lindsay. Initially, it was a luxury that few could afford, however, as the years passed, practically every home and business signed up for Hydro. This company history, written circa 1967, follows the evolution of the company.

Progress in Power: Available Online

© Copyright 2024 - Maryboro Lodge Museum