Raven Lake Cement Plant

Opened in 1902, the Raven Lake Cement Company was producing some 700 barrels of cement a day at its peak. Free trade agreements with the United States reduced the demand for Raven Lake cement, and the complex closed in 1914. Today, only scant ruins of the plant lie hidden in the bush on the shores of Raven Lake, partway between Norland and Victoria Road.

Raven Lake

Maryboro Lodge Collection

© Copyright 2022 - Maryboro Lodge Museum