Back to directory

Business Type: General Store & Grocery

William Burgoyne

“A superintendent of the Napanee Paper Co. Pulp Mill the late Mr. William Burgoyne came to Fenelon Falls in 1883.” After approximately three years with that firm, Burgoyne appears to have entered into a partnership with John R. Scott and opened a general store that became known as Burgoyne and Company. A 1928 newspaper article […]

Samuel Maybee

Daniel Scully sold Samuel Maybee a lot at the corner of Lindsay and Ellis Streets (the site of Porter’s Hotel) in July 1885 [FFG 15 July 1885; 2]. By late August a two-storey frame building, intended for a store and dwelling, was under construction [FFG 29 Aug 1885; 2]. “It is a good sized two-storey […]

© Copyright 2024 - Maryboro Lodge Museum