W.T. (William Thomas) Robson [ 1884 - 1958 ]

W.T. Robson was born in Somerville Township in 1884. After the death of his father he went to work for his Uncle Thomas Robson. Around 1906 he purchased the business and sold small agricultural implements from a shop and show room on the main street. Originally located in a an old frame building at the south-west Corner of Francis and Colborne street (the present Bank of Commerce), the business later moved to a new building farther north of Francis (near the present Becker’s). The surviving foundry buildings near the lake were used for storage. His brother, H. Lithgow Robson, also worked in the business “as a young man.” [FFG 15 Oct 1942; 8]

See Also

    © Copyright 2022 - Maryboro Lodge Museum