William Henry (Harry) Robson [ 1874 - 1942 ]

W.H. Robson was the son of William L. Robson. “Harry Robson, who has been about two years at the drug business” left for Toronto in May of 1894, after working in Mr. H.J. Lytle’s store [FFG 18 May 1894; 4]. Three years later it was announced that “Mr. Harry Robson has purchased a stock of drugs, chemicals and proprietary medicine, and will commence business in about a fortnight, in Mr. Jordan’s block on the corner of Colborne and Francis Streets. Mr. Robson passed all his examinations… and as he is a native of the Falls and is liked by everybody he ought to … do well” [FFG 3 Dec 1897; 4].

According to most sources the business lasted until about 1911. After this Robson moved to Toronto and opened a drug store there. The 1904 Souvenir describes him as “one of the progressive business men of the Village.” In [his] “pharmacy is to be found every line of drugs, medicines, toilet articles, perfumes, fancy goods, school supplies, stationery, etc. In addition to carrying all the above mentioned lines most fully he makes a specialty of optical goods, the preparation of prescriptions, the family recipes, and the preparation of a number of his own preparations, all of which are much called upon by the general public.”1 Robson died September 11th, 1942 and was buried in the Fenelon Falls cemetery.

656 Variant name: Commonly known as Harry Robson; the name changes to W. Harry from Harry in the March 1907 listing of D&B. He is listed as W. Henry in the 1901 Census, aged 26. 657 See also his: Robson's Calendar Cook Book / W.H. Robson (Fenelon Falls: Published by W.H. Robson, [1907]). 32 pp. "This is the 7th edition of our "almanac and cook book"" -- Published for distribution at Christmas, 1907, with calendar for 1908. Cataloguing based on 7th edition; no other editions found. Pages 2-32 were purchased in bulk from an auxiliary or co-operative publisher, after which a local printer printed a paper cover and bound in two pages of advertising for the local store. Copy in Fenelon Falls Museum.

See Also

    © Copyright 2022 - Maryboro Lodge Museum