- Photographer 1880 (Approx.) - N/A
M. Andrus (Mortimer Andrus, 1855-1945) and [W.A.?] Scott set up the photography firm of Scott and Andrus in Lindsay about 1877. A branch was opened in Fenelon Falls in 1880. “Messrs. Scott and Andrus, the well-known photographers, have established a branch gallery at Fenelon Falls, which will be attended by a member of the firm, and [they] have engaged a first class operator for their Lindsay Gallery” [CP 18 June 1880; 3]. The firm set up in “a shop lately occupied by Mr. Fowler, artist. We have no doubt they will do a rushing business” [CP 25 June 1880; 3]. The Fenelon Falls “branch” does not appear to have lasted very long and soon vanishes from village records. The firm may have thereafter made only occasional visits to the village.
686 Andrus is buried in the Riverside Cemetery, Lindsay. 687 See Glen C. Phillips The Ontario Photographer's List (1851-1900); 43. The Scott & Andrus firm dates from 1877-1884. The partnership folded in 1884.