P.S. Ross & Bros.

P.S. Ross purchased Howard P. Heming’s hardware business in the summer of 1880 [Suggitt; 283]. P.S. Ross & Bros. appear as the owners for the first time in the August 7th, 1880 issue of the Gazette [FFG 7 Aug 1880; 3] announcing they could be found “At the Sign of THE BIG CROSS-CUT SAW.” The business may not have survived more than a few months for the ad disappears by December, and Ross’s name does not appear in any of the village directories. Interestingly this was the same time that Howard Heming left the Village as well. Was Ross only running the business for Heming in anticipation of his departure? We shall never know.

See Also

    © Copyright 2022 - Maryboro Lodge Museum