M.H. Thompson

Thompson moved from Bobcaygeon where he was formerly in a business partnership called Tupper & Thompson; he purchased the drug business of E.B. Borland in March of 1877 [CP 30 March 1877; 3]. Thompson set up shop as a druggist and news agent, and in December was appointed the Fenelon Falls distributor for the Canadian Post [CP 7 Dec 1877; 3]. The business continued until 1878 but the store does not appear to have survived the year. He probably returned to Bobcaygeon as there is a John H. Thompson listed in the D&B directory for January 1880 selling stationery.

762 Variant name: John H.?

See Also

    © Copyright 2022 - Maryboro Lodge Museum