- Shoes 1887-1891/1892, 1894 (Approx.) - 1919 (Approx.)
Henry Pearce was a shoemaker in the village for many years. He first appears in the directories in 1887, and he remained in business until about 1919. His brother took over the business for a brief period after April 18911, but Henry was certainly operating the store in November 1892 when most of the stock was saved from the fire of November 18th [FFG 18 Nov 1892; 4]. He must have left the village at this point for in March of 1894 his return to Fenelon Falls as a boot and shoe merchant was advertised in the Gazette [FFG 9 March 1894; 8]. His newly opened store was on the east side of Colborne Street (in S. Nevison’s former location), and was listed in the directories until 1919. He died in 1932 and was buried in the Fenelon Falls Cemetery.
615 Variant spellings: Pearse 616 During this period D&B lists Pearce as an "agent [for] sewing machines" and shoemaker from September 1891 until 1893.