Edward Haw was active as a carpenter and builder by the autumn of 1881 when he first advertised in the Gazette. Listing his “Work shop on Francis Street East, residence on Bond Street East” [FFG 15 Oct 1881; 3], the ad continued to appear for a number of years. Haw is listed in the 1881 Census as a 29 year-old Baptist of Scottish origin. He worked on many of the buildings constructed in Fenelon Falls during these years; for example he was awarded the contract for the carpentry work on Joseph McArthur’s new house at Colborne and Louisa Streets [FFG 8 March 1889; 4]. Haw left for Toronto in November of 1889 [FFG 8 Nov 1889; 4].