Barber & Ellis

“Barber & Ellis” was a Toronto based drug and stationery business that operated a branch in Fenelon Falls during the first few years of the 1880s. The store was in operation by January 1880, and may have begun as early as 1879. Edward Fitzgerald managed the business for the proprietors.

By July 1883 the business was finished. Fitzgerald left for Buffalo for new employment, and the “drug and stationery business…was wound up a few days ago and the shop in McArthur’s Block is now vacant” [FFG 21 July 1883; 2].

5 The D&B directories refer to Toronto when listing Barber & Ellis.

See Also

    © Copyright 2022 - Maryboro Lodge Museum