- Physician 1878 (Approx.) - 1910 (Approx.)
Suggitt  claims Wilson settled in the village in 1878, although he does not appear in the directories until the beginning of 18801. One of Wilson’s accomplishments was to open a hospital in the village for sick or injured labourers or for those who had no family to take care of them. He rented J.J. Nevison’s house on Fidler’s Hill and fitted it up to receive patients [FFG 15 Nov 1895; 4]. Tickets were printed for one year or six months and sold to lumbermen and village residents as a form of insurance against future illness or injury. There is no indication on how long the hospital lasted, probably no more than a few years. Wilson’s practice appears in the directories until 1910, and it was eventually taken over by H.B. Johnson [FFG 12 Feb 1915; 4].
825 There is a full page biographical entry on Wilson [with photograph] in The Canadian Album. Men of Canada; Success by Example … / Edited by Wm. Cochrane. (Brantford, Ont.: Bradley, Garretson & Co., 1893.) Vol. II, p. 118. It too implies that Wilson came to Fenelon Falls after his graduation in 1878.